Here’s an easy-to-make tasty treat to satisfy your taste buds on a cooler day… You won’t be able to get enough of this mini frittata with a delicious triage of pumpkin, leek and feta!
- Olive or canola oil spray
- 1 leek
- 600g peeled pumpkin
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup low-fat milk
- 95g reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped basil leaves.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced). Spray a 12-hole, 1/2-cup capacity muffin pan with oil.
- Spray a nonstick frying pan with oil and place on medium heat. Add leek and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened. Add pumpkin, spray with oil and stir to coat vegetables. Add 1/2 cup water, cover pan and steam for 10 minutes until just tender.
- Meanwhile, in a medium sized jug, whisk together eggs and milk; season with black pepper.
- Remove pumpkin mixture from heat and stir through feta and basil. Place muffin pan on a flat baking tray then spoon pumpkin mixture evenly into 12 holes. Carefully pour over egg mixture to almost fill muffin holes. Bake for 25 minutes, or until firm and golden.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack. Serve warm or cold with a green salad.