If you think you’ve tried chicken curry countless different ways, we guarantee this recipe will surprise you. It might even become your new winter staple. It’s super easy to make, tastes delicious and can even be served over rice, noodles or mashed potato.
- 1.5 tbsp oil (vegetable, canola)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp ginger, grated
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 500g chicken thighs, sliced
- 2.5 tbsp curry powder
- 270 ml/1.25 cups coconut milk, full fat
- 1.5 cups (375 ml) chicken stock low sodium
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Cook garlic, ginger and onion for three minutes until onion is translucent.
- Add chicken and cook until it changes from pink to white.
- Add curry powder and cook for two minutes.
- Add coconut milk and chicken stock. Stir, lower heat to medium and cook, simmering rapidly, for 10 minutes until sauce reduces and thickens.
- Add peas and salt. Cook for a further two minutes, then taste to see if it needs more salt.
- Garnish with coriander.
- Serve over rice, noodles or mashed potato!