How to Practice Mindfulness
Our focus for this month is being ‘Mindful in May’.
Breathe in, breathe out – feel the flow of the breath.
New to mindfulness? Try out these simple starting points:
- Pay attention to all of your senses – notice the taste, texture of food
- Empty the mind – take a few moments to be still
- As soon as the mind wanders, bring it back to your breath
- Practice non-judgmental listening
- Go outdoors – walk around in nature
- Forgive yourself for every negative thought
- Be grateful – say thank you to nature, people and things
- Go easy on yourself – with time, you will see the progress!
Read the above… take the time… mindfulness is magic.
Mindfulness a way of training yourself to focus your attention in a certain way to calm your mind. It can help you in your day-to-day life, work, relationships and overall wellbeing.– Health Direct
Keeping Fit Mindfully
Try and incorporate mindful exercises like Yoga, Tai Chi or Pilates into your fitness routine. It’s importance to prioritise a fit and healthy lifestyle as research shows that exercise helps:
- Keep our immune system strong:
- Keep our airways functioning well: and
- Slows down our bodies stress response.
Slow down and enjoy a quiet moment with mindfulness to de-stress and enjoy life’s little moments.